brakes

ok....my brakes suck. my left front brake caliper was locking up, bad, so i changed it. it still locked up, so i replaced it again. its still locking up. i noiced that the pedal felt way to hard. is there any
other explanation for this besides the possibility of the power brake assist going out? thanks.
mike
From: snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net (mike)

the inner lining of the rubber brake line that goes to the caliper has collapsed more than likely .. the brake booster has nothing to do with side to side or front to back brake action ... possible it's the proportioning valve .. or possibly a damaged/plugged hard line .. I'd try the rubber line to start off !