broken bolt

I got a problem, my boyfrien is trying to work on his camaro and he has a broken bolt in the ?thermostat housing? sorry i know nothing about cars, just trying to figure out how to get the bolt out

You need an electric drill & an "easy-out"; first you drill a hole in the leftover bolt, then the easy out takes it out. It's a real pain.
lilevilpunk wrote:

mess because the easy-out is hardened and can't be drilled.
--
David Toft

It has to be drilled out....carefully!!!!! It is worth having a mechanic do it if you can because if drilled incorrectly, the intake manifold me be destroyed.
Start with a very small drill bit (and stick a cloth in the thermostat housing so he doesn't get metal filing in the engine.
Good luck