broken bolt

I got a problem, my boyfrien is trying to work on his camaro and he has a broken bolt in the ?thermostat housing? sorry i know nothing about cars, just trying to figure out how to get the bolt out

Reply to
lilevilpunk

You need an electric drill & an "easy-out"; first you drill a hole in the leftover bolt, then the easy out takes it out. It's a real pain.

lilevilpunk wrote:

Reply to
Bruce Porter

In article , Bruce Porter writes

No, the easy-out snaps off in the broken bolt then you are in a worse mess because the easy-out is hardened and can't be drilled.

Reply to
David Toft

It has to be drilled out....carefully!!!!! It is worth having a mechanic do it if you can because if drilled incorrectly, the intake manifold me be destroyed.

Start with a very small drill bit (and stick a cloth in the thermostat housing so he doesn't get metal filing in the engine.

Good luck

Reply to
James Alio