buffing out paint-- any suggestions??

Page 2 of 2
I do wish there was more of a cruise scene around here, every weekend we go down to st paul mn there is a pretty good cruise scene. I used to live in Oshkosh, most of my relatives live in Green Bay so I know
the "Fox River Valley" pretty well...AKA the "Redneck Riviera" !!! I know the Waupaca area a little, I used to go through there now and then. I used to go to Iola for the Iola Old Car show, haven't gone for a few years. I've lived all over in Wi. at one time or another.
Terry

I did finally get the opportunityy to get to the Iola show this year, lots of fun.. had no iidea there would be such a huge swap meet as well. And if you think that the FRV is the redneck area.. go about 60 miles east.. LOL.. This is the area that thinks filling a Camaro's gas tank full of red christmas sugar ups the resale value.. Too bad it costs about 1200.00 to repair.. grr..
--
Well catch ya later,
-Geno

Well, technically not sure yet, haven't seen it yet, they say its a pontiac 400.. that came out of a 78 T/A.. but it COULD be an Olds 403 we just hope not. But either way, it has more potential.. and definately a conversation starter.. lol
--
Well catch ya later,
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops (147k and going.. getting worried though)

The stuff that I use is Mequires. Best stuff on the market. I start with a #6 and work up to #1, all by hand. You want to use lint free Terrycloth towels, from a automotive paint supply store. They must be silicone free!
For between rub out cleanings I use Maguire's Final Inspection. Heck I even clean sun glasses with the stuff. #6 will even take out light scuff marks from a paint trade, as long as it was a gentle one. Charles
Try the stuff the pros use - check out these products
http://www.fareclausa.com/rubbing.htm
You have to buy it from a car paint supplier - not the local speed shop. You could email them to find your nearest stockist. Its expensive but the best.
They make a range of different products - your choice depends on how flat your paint is & therefore the degree of abrasiveness you need to bring back the shine & cut out any scratches.
Most bodyshops use powered polishers because of their throughput, but you'll get the same results manually - with more effort! Apply it to a wet good quality polishing cloth - not any old rags!
Good luck!

Overpriced repackaged shit!
You can buy 3-M over the counter for less money, without the risk of staining!
Refinish King
PS In 36 years, I've never seen that stuff in any auto body trade magazine, or any of the hundreds of body shops or recon shops that I've visited!