camaro v6 question

I know these have been asked in the past but i'ma lookin again.

I'm looking for a supercharger, exhaust, chip and intake just to get me started and I was wondering if any of yall knew of some good brands and some to stay away from. It's hard to find stuff for v6's.

Anything would be a great help.

Thanks Larry

Reply to
Larry Durst

Like probably most people will say, you are probably better off looking for a cheap wrecked f-bod with a v-8 to swap out the parts than to go with a S/C etc. I wanted to do similar with my Camaro, but was told its not worth it, so I bought a Formula with a V-8. :-) MUCH better.

Reply to
KITT

Thats a awsome car. I've herd some people say that with a supercharger, chip, air intake and exhause I would be running with the 8's. And if you think about it I would have better acceleration because it's a 6 cylinder, right?

Reply to
Larry Durst

How would two LESS cylinders make it accelerate BETTER??? Some ricer boy tell you that?

Reply to
Dennis Smith

It's common sense. Right off the line it turns up quicker, smaller moter. A souped and beefed up 6 would tear apart a 8.

Anybody out there on some the origional post intended...

Reply to
Larry Durst

You have to have TORQUE for that to happen and a small displacement/small stroke V6 won't cut it. Torque is what makes you go fast off the line. We're not taking about a 400 cu in/large stroke 6 cyl here ...

Dollar for dollar you will be far ahead with a V8. With all the mods on your V6 you're looking at around 350HP/MAYBE 350 lbs torque after poring in thousands of dollars. The STOCK LS1 V8 is rated at 325HP/350 lbs torque right out of the box. Put the same about of money into the LS1 and you're looking at a 600+ HP engine!

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Yeah, thats what I thought too... I'll have a 455 HO, but hold the 600hp ....and give me umm... one with 400 hp.. and can I get that to go please?

Reply to
KITT