car won't run.

ok guys, heres the scoop. i have a 91 cmaro TBI 305. i was driving the other day and i came to a stoplight and when i went to take off the engine sort of bogged down and i didnt go anywhere..well, maybe a
little bit but not far....i messed with it and i was able to keep the car moving enough to get home. now, when i try to start the car it starts but then dies and when i try to hit the gas to keep it going it simply bogs down more and dies...i have no clue what the problem could be. i checked the plugs and wires as well as the cap and rotor to no avail. any help would be greatly appreciated. i really want to get back on the road. thanks in advance.
mike
My dad used to say that any engine needs gas & spark in order to run...I'd check both. Check gas filter, also make sure enough gas is coming from the fuel pump. Double check spark to each cylinder...if you have both, check timing because that spark has to happen at the right time. Sometimes it helps to think basic like that....
good luck getting back on the road--- Terry

It sounds like a fuel problem....... fuel filter or maybe the electric fuel pump.

Go to Auto Zone:
See if they rent a fuel pressure tester, that also has the valve and hose on it to check volume. The pressure should be about 50PSI and the volume should fill a quart can in about ten seconds.
If not, first check the filter. If the filter doesn't help, it's the pump in the tank.
I hope this helps?
Refinish King

I had a car that would idle fine, then keep dying at highway speeds. I hooked up an inline-type fuel pressure tester, ran it into the inside of the driver's compartment, then drove it on highway speeds and kept an eye on the gauge. Sure enough, it was putting out enough fuel to idle but not enough to keep going on the highway--