Carburetor

I'm looking for a carb to buy for a 350. The guy thats building my new engine is trying to talk me into an edelbrock 2 barrel carb, he says I can port it and get just as much take off as a 4 barrel and its alot better on
gas in the long run. anyone got more details or better information on this subject? Thanks in advance.

Would be nice to know if this is a stock 350 or a hopped up one, what vehicle and what do you expect to do with it?
Most 350's are happy with the Rochester Quadrajet. It's a 4 barrel with small primaries for good mileage and drivability, and large secondaries for added performance when you need it.
Al, yes I make up words when I need to:)
Its just a 350 bored .30 over with a stock cam. with a set of 305 double hump heads. standard pistons. im putting it in my 84 Z-28 in place of the existing 305. I'm wanting to get a set of the hooker headers shortys with a 3 inch kat-bak exhuast, aluminum intake and a nice carb. I dont know what would be a good combination for any of these items, I'm up for any suggestions or advice. When I look at carbs I dont know what would be ideal. I dont understand the difference in them, especially when they talk about the 600 650 700 etc etc. Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

can
on
this
for
I'm using an Edelbrock 600cfm (cfm stands for cubic feet per/min.) in my 68 327 Camaro and it goes like stink. Most cars with factory 4 barrel carbs use about 400-450 cfm's. Basicly the higher your engines RPM's the more cfm's it uses. If you want peformance and mileage you'll be best off whith the Edelbrock 600cfm carb. The primary ports (the two front ones) are smaller than rochesters. This is what will save you gas! I don't think porting a two barrel is going to give you your money's worth, especialy on a new engine. Go here and check these carbs out http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/index.html Hope you take my advice you will be pleased if you do. Cheers
Thank You, Thats what I will use. I'm glad I got an opinion before I went and "blind bought" a new carb.

68
whith
worth,