Chrome Plating wheels?

Has anyone chrome plated their wheels? Like the 2nd gen Z/28 wheels? My friend says he knows of a shop where he had his bike done and they can plate anything
steel, and for cheaper than buying new wheels. Just curious if it's possible, and might look more original. Darrel
Darrel Doehr wrote:

As a guy with chromed wheels, let me advise AGAINST it. That's right, I said against it. I'll admit, the chrome on black looks very very nice; but chrome has a tendency to pit and/or peel when faced with all the heat and abuse that road conditions put it through. Polished Aluminum is a better bet for a daily driver.
If you're building a show car, then go with the chrome.