cold air intake

I'm looking at one of these cold air intake modifications and wonder if anyone here has an opinion on their value and any detriments.
Please post something if you have one installed or are knowledgeable about
them.
Thanks....
Cold air intakes (C.A.I) are mostly a cosmetic modification. Althought you do get +- 5 horsepower it is still mainly cosmetic...

: > I'm looking at one of these cold air intake modifications and wonder if : > anyone here has an opinion on their value and any detriments. : > : > Please post something if you have one installed or are knowledgeable about : > them. : > : > Thanks....
Don't be rediculous. A properly installed C.A.I. / R.A. is usually not even visible. The hp increase is dependant on the powerplant you are modifying and the engineering of the R/A ducting.
Mine provided a net gain of ~25-30hp. (Opening up the exhuast provided another ~10-15hp). I give approximates because I didn't like the way the dyno was set up. Dinky little fan in front. Next time I'm going to a shop with a big fan. (My neighbor has one at his shop so...I'll probably go there before/after my next mod).
The lightening of your wallet will have the same performance boost.
: I'm looking at one of these cold air intake modifications and wonder if : anyone here has an opinion on their value and any detriments. : : Please post something if you have one installed or are knowledgeable about : them. : : Thanks.... : :
: The lightening of your wallet will have the same performance boost.
It's true. The more you spend on performance modifications, the better your performance.
<smirk>
I know that's not what he meant, but don't follow the blind. Pay attention to good advice backed up by numbers.