Computer chip for Camaro

I have a 1994 Camaro Z-28 [owned since birth] with approx 80000 miles. It appears to be running rich as evidenced by the heavy soot in the tail pipes.
Can anyone tell me where I can find a database that holds the most recent computer chip for this autopmobile? I am not looking to hot rod this car [it already has a lot of ZIP] only something that might correct some flaws in the original chip. The output from the car's computer does not identify any problem.
Thanks in advance
Smiley Ashton
smiley ashton spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed

Is the soot on the tailpipe, or what?
NOI
No codes?
Try a running fuel pressure test, then a standing fuel pressure test.
If the running fuel pressure test is low, there's your problem. Fuel pump or regulator. Standing fuel pressure test will eliminate this:
Any pressure loss in an hour or so, means a leaking injector or pressure regulator. Start it and get the pressure back up, shut it and pinch off the return line. Any pressure loss means a leaky injector.
I hope this helps?
Refinish King

Refinish King wrote:

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I shall try that early next week
Smiley