Durable flat black paint recomendations ??

Hi everyone. I am painting my engine compartment of my 67 RS Camaro and am asking for recomendations for a durable hard finish flat black or a super low gloss paint to use on my firewall, inner wheel wells and radiator support. I used this product called Chassis Saver on the compartment 1st to stop the rust and it is tough as nails. It is their satin finish but is way to glossy and needs to be top coated because it doesnt have UV protection. I have called the company and they explained that the flatter the paint the less durable/hard the finish. I was wondeing what you all use. I put on the POR15 chassis black topcoat which is the right color (flat) but its not drying evenly ant it looks kinda blotchy after 2 days. I applied 2 coats of it and sanded down before application over the Chassis Saver. If anyone can share their experience of what works well and is flat or almost flat and is UV protected, please let me know.

Thanks Gary

Reply to
TraxUnderground

Honestly, what I did was I grinded off all the old paint, dirt, and grime. Then Applied 2-3 coats of primer and painted my frame Gloss black 2-3 coats with a spray bomb and within a year the paint has faded to the proper color I was looking for. It sounds stange and I know it doens't fix your problem but thought you might find that interesting.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

Thanks Scott... I ended up going with the POR15 topcoat. It took a couple coats to get it all even but its a semi-flat finish like I wanted and it dried harder than the other paints I have tried. It is UV resistant so hopefully it stays this shade for a while.

Thanks Gary

Reply to
TraxUnderground

Reply to