Engine Size on Bottom of Car

I have a 97 Camaro that has the engine size (3800) written in white on the cross member that goes underneath the engine. I have bought this car used,
and this has me concerned that the part was bought at a junk yard. Can anyone tell me if their Camaro has this same marking on it and it was a way of labeling them at the factory, or is it possible my car has had it replaced due to original owner thinking he was driving an "Off Road Camaro"?!
Thanks. Rick
It's been replaced! The 3800 series V6 will have the "3800" on top of the intake manifold. Atleast everyone of them at the GM plant that I work at does.

Grease pen = Junk Yard.
-- 98 Camaro

used,
way
I guess it has a clear title?

used,
way
Oh yeah, the title is clear. I bought it from a dealer, low miles, not a mark on the car. The underbody looks like it is in excellent condition, no sign of any damage whatsoever. It is just odd that that this part has 3800 written on it.
Rick

the