erratic turn signal

Hi.
My 75 camaro has an erratic turn signal. The pace of the blinking varies. If I use my warning lights, the blinking even stops alltogether most of the time.
(Lights stay on).
Is this due to the bi-metal ? Where is it located? Near the lights, or in the cabine? Are there two seperate bi-metals for both left and right?
thx
Bram

Hi Bram,
There should be two different bi metals. I've always called them flashers. There is one for the emergency lights and one for the turn signals. After years of use, they wear out. Replacing them is simple. They're round, maybe 3-4 centimeters diameter and about the same height. One you should find plugged into the fuse panel (I believe that is the one for the emergency flashers) and the other one should be held up under the dashboard by a clip. The case can either be metal or plastic. Considering the age of your car, they're probably metal.
Go to the auto parts store, ask for two flashers, one for the emergency flasher and one for the turn signals. When you replace them you should have no more problems.
I hope this helps.
David
It should be located under the dash right by your left knee if you were in the car. It should be along with the fuses. Been a while since I've looked at one.
Is the blink rate constant with the engine off with the key turned to accessory?? If it is, you may have a bad voltage regulator. 10 dollar part at the parts store.