getting the gook out of the engine after an intake failure

Now that Im almost ready to put the engine back together, what is your suggestion to get the engine clean and rid of the cappachino looking gook that is every where? I plan to dump the oil and refill it
with clean oil, start it up and run it for 10-15 min, then dump it again, then refill with clean oil and add some restore or something like that to get into the bearings. What do you think or what do you suggest? What about these products like motor flush, would they have any merit?
On 2 Mar 2005 13:45:31 -0500, HotRod53 <UseLinkToEmail@New & Used Cars Forums - AutoForumz.com> wrote:

The only time I used a motor flush, a connecting rod from a Buick 350 decided that it no longer wanted to be part of the package anymore. Thus it was last seen in my rear view mirror on Rt. 17 somewhere between Middletown and Goshen N.Y.
...Ron

-- 68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
How much got into the oil ? How long did you run it like that ? The main problem with the anti freeze is that it eats bearings. You might get away with changing oil a few times to get as much as possible out, but will most likely shorten the life of the engine. Have you ran it since the problem yet ? What we would do would be hold it at about 2500 or so and kind of let if "float" there at that RPM, feeding just a little more throttle then letting off and listen. If you hear a rattling type knock at the no load state it's the rod bearings with too much clearence. If it was run with the anti freeze in the oil it will most likely have a little extra clearence... Just my two cents... Good Luck hopefully it's not that bad...
message

"69CamaroSS" wrote: > How much got into the oil ? How long did you run it like that > ? The > main problem with the anti freeze is that it eats bearings. > You might get > away with changing oil a few times to get as much as possible > out, but will > most likely shorten the life of the engine. > Have you ran it since the problem yet ? What we would do > would be hold > it at about 2500 or so and kind of let if "float" there at > that RPM, feeding > just a little more throttle then letting off and listen. If > you hear a > rattling type knock at the no load state it's the rod bearings > with too much > clearence. If it was run with the anti freeze in the oil it > will most likely > have a little extra clearence... Just my two cents... > Good Luck hopefully it's not that bad... > > "HotRod53" <UseLinkToEmail@New & Used Cars Forums - > AutoForumz.com> wrote in > message > > Now that Im almost ready to put the engine back together, > what is > > your suggestion to get the engine clean and rid of the > cappachino > > looking gook that is every where? I plan to dump the oil and > refill it > > with clean oil, start it up and run it for 10-15 min, then > dump it > > again, then refill with clean oil and add some restore or > something > > like that to get into the bearings. What do you think or > what do you > > suggest? What about these products like motor flush, would > they have > > any merit? > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/Camaro-gook-engine-intake-failure-ftopict105684.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pI1928
I would say that it got about 50 miles put on it from the time that we realized that we were losing coolant. It wasnt an all out goosh, where is the coolant, we were losing a little each time and couldnt tell where it was going.