Getting those stupid spring clips off the radiator hoses! GRRRRRR!

Anyone have any tricks for getting those $(&%(* spring clips off the radiator hoses when they're turned around in the wrong direction?

I don't know whose brain fart it was to use those instead of the old screw-type but at least THOSE, as long as you could get a screwdriver to the slot, you could at least loosen those. These things, you have to not only be able to put pliers around BOTH the prongs, you have to have the ROOM to squeeze them and then rotate them, while squeezing, to a better location.

Some of them just can't be reached like that without removing the whole rad.

Anyone have any tricks to get at these (and please - no "buy a specialized tool" suggestions; that's not practical now)

thanks!

Reply to
StarMan

I cut them off with a die grinder.

Reply to
JimV

Dremmel cutter works great!

Reply to
Chevy Man

GOOD idea. And if I ever, EVER have to do any work with these hoses again, I'm going to have REAL clamps already in hand and just cut them.

Reply to
StarMan