Goodyear Eagle GT-HR

Attention tire experts: Is this a good performance tire for a '94 Z? I'm in the market and I'm thinking it's this or the HP.
It seems very inexpensive for being an all-weather high performance
tire. The ratings seem decent, but how does it drive? What is "Race Wrap" construction, for the layperson? If the GTHR feel like I'm riding on plastic, I'll go for the HP even tho HP aren't all-season. gle+GT%2DHR
Also, if anyone wants to answer, any downside to putting 235/55R16 tires on? These are stock for a standard Camaro, but the Z normally has 245/50R16.
Many thanks in advance!