Harmonic Balancer Removal on 1995 LT1

A friend of mine recently purchased a MSD distributor for his 1995 Camaro Z28. As we are getting ready to pull the harmonic balancer, we notice that the 3 bolt holes in the balancer are not tapped. Of course the hub is but the pulley isnt. Does anyone have any suggestions to get it off
~Nic
-- nick8519
View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-419561.htm
Send from http://www.carstalk.ne
On Tue, 30 May 2006 06:57:36 +0200, nick8519

As we are getting ready to pull the harmonic balancer, we notice that the 3 bolt holes in the balancer are not tapped. Of course the hub is but the pulley isnt. Does anyone have any suggestions to get it off.

Puller? -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Just grab hold of it and wiggle it off the front. It'll come.
Gary

when i posted that i did have a harmonic balancer puller in mind. but i needed a 3 jaw gear puller instead. i found one and it came off no probs!