Harmonic Balancer Removal on 1995 LT1

A friend of mine recently purchased a MSD distributor for his 1995 Camaro Z28. As we are getting ready to pull the harmonic balancer, we notice that the 3 bolt holes in the balancer are not tapped. Of course the hub is but the pulley isnt. Does anyone have any suggestions to get it off

~Nic

-- nick8519

View this thread:

Send from

nick8519

On Tue, 30 May 2006 06:57:36 +0200, nick8519 puked:

As we are getting ready to pull the harmonic balancer, we notice that the 3 bolt holes in the balancer are not tapped. Of course the hub is but the pulley isnt. Does anyone have any suggestions to get it off.

Puller?

lab~rat >:-)

Just grab hold of it and wiggle it off the front. It'll come.

Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

when i posted that i did have a harmonic balancer puller in mind. but i needed a 3 jaw gear puller instead. i found one and it came off no probs!

~Nic

-- nick8519

View this thread:

Send from