Headers

Im rebuiding a '78 350 motor that I put in my '84 camaro about 10 years ago.
Id like to replace the stock manifolds with headers. Im asking if anyone has
any advice.
If your concerned about ground clearance, I recommend Hooker shorties. But if ground clearance isn't an issue I'd highly recommend long tube headers, of the Jet-Hot variety. ;-) Good gains are to be had from shorties over manifolds but long tubes will give even more.

I was just reading the April edition of Chevy High Performance. There is a very informative article there on headers, sizes, applications, etc. Also with some very interesting data. Check it out.
> > Im rebuiding a '78 350 motor that I put in my '84 camaro about 10 years > ago. > > > > Id like to replace the stock manifolds with headers. Im asking if anyone > has > > any advice. > > > > > >
I've had good luck with the edlebrock tes system. If you are not using the A.I.R. provisions you could plug the tubes. Other than that, it should work for you.
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 00:36:12 GMT, "tdumoulin"