Heater hose replacement on 1st Gen w/ Air

Had to replace the water pump on my '68 Camaro 327 coupe with A/C. Decided to change all the hoses too. Don't see anyway to reach the lower heater hose end at the firewall. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Bruce Porter

Only one. Be sure to remove the clamp and slit the hose with a sharp knife. Do not pull or twist the hose. Be gentle. I can't help on how to get at the hose, all my 1st generations were non AC cars. I remember what a bitch it is to swap the heater motor. Have to pull the fender away from the firewall to do it right. Took me over four hours. Was wondering who was nuts when I read the service manual. Step one, disconnect the negative battery terminal. Step two, remove front bumper....

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Sorry to have to tell you this but a first gen with a/c, you have to pull the fender to get to the port. Unless you put in one of those cheap Prestone fill and flush things, but then you'll still have some old tubing left where you can't get to it.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Thanks, I kind of came to that conclusion, and decided to carry spare hose & a 5/8 - 3/4 adaptor around for now.

RSCamaro wrote:

Reply to
Bruce Porter