HEI conversion problem

I pulled my computer controlled HEI on my 89rs 305 tbi and put in a noncomp HEI and now I?m not getting any gas. Is there a way to adapt my efi system to this HEI ? If I have to I?ll go to carb with an AFPR system but will I have to rewire my fuel pump?

Reply to
foolforspeed

The computer will not provide fuel or any other engine management without the ignition pulses from the distributer. I'm not sure why you would want to replace the computer controlled distributer unless you were stripping the computer and injection equipment anyways. You can actually have more control of your timing etc using the computer controlled distributer since the non-computer controlled model is controlled by the vacuum pot and centrifical springs and such. With the computer controlled it's just a matter of adjusting the timing curve in the computer, and with the knock sensor it can even adjust on the fly.

Reply to
Cy Welch