Help - 67 Rear Suspension problem.

I recently picked up a 67' that has a problem with the rear suspension. When I drive over a bump the tire rubs the wheel well. At rest there is about 2
inches of clearance between the tire and the wheel well. The tires are bigger then stock(275 60/R15) and it has the original Mono Leaf springs at present.
Should I replace the monoleaf with a multileaf? If I do will it make the ride a lot stiffer? If I replace with Multileaf springs how much higher will the rear sit? Or do you think just replacing the shocks would work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
CJ
Add pictures here
✖

I´ve had the same problem w/my '68 Camaro. Can you see on the tire where the rubbing is happening? There are several different kinds of motion that go on when driving, up and down is determined by shock quality and stiffness, as well as leaf spring stiffness. The clearance also varies left to right, when you take a turn the car shifts a little to each side. If there is really 2inch clearance between your rear tires and the wheel well, and it is really hitting there, sounds like new shocks would help, maybe coilover shocks or air shocks. I put air shocks on my '68, seemed to help stability. I've also thought about putting multileafs on my car, I'm sure that would give a little extra height as well--
Terry M.

Add pictures here
✖
I know this is hard to believe, but mono springs are heavier duty then multi.

Add pictures here
✖
I've been thinking about 2" lift multileaf from JC Whitney to replace my monos......
CJ Stokes wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:50:40 -0500, "CJ Stokes"

Try this.. South Side Machine makes a sort of traction bar called "lift bars". They bolt right in, recommended that you replace the T bolts with U bolts but they will raise the rear 2" to 3" and stiffen everything up pretty well.
...Ron

-- 68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 04:07:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (RSCamaro) wrote:

Are the rims after-market? If so, then perhaps they have the wrong offset. Just a guess.
Add pictures here
✖