HELP NEEDED: 96 Camaro Fuel pump Pls Help

I need some advice desperately. My fuel pump is gone says the mechanic and the job to fix it is going to cost around $700.00. He says I need a Fuel Module replacement and that it is going to be a 4 hour
job and the part is very expensive. My car is a V6 Automatic 3.8LT.
Pls, if anyone has any suggestion as to where I can get the part for a better price I would appreciate it very much. Thanking you all in advance Winston