Help: Trouble Code P1441

Threaded View
Does anybody have any idea what DTC P1441 is all about? I hooked up my
scanning device and got this code for the SEL that came on but it says there
is no info for this code. Perhaps someone here might be able to shed some
light. It came on once before like two days ago and I erased the code
thinking it might be the gas cap not screwed on properly but it came on
again last night.
Any help is appreciated.

The vehicle is a 1996 V6 automatic with 100 thousand over miles on it.

Thank you
Winston

Re: Trouble Code P1441
And this is what car?

-

Re: Trouble Code P1441
If this is a GM automobile then the DTC 1441 = "EVAP System Flow During Non
Purge" which most likely means the charcoal cannister in your fuel system
needs servicing.

shed
code
News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Re: Trouble Code P1441
I think you need a better code reader or the service manual for whatever
vehicle you have. The book for my 96 cavalier has P1441 as EVAP system flow
during non-purge. You could have a defective cap or leak somewhere in the
tank system...

Apologies: The Car is a Camaro
Apologies for no mentioning that the car is a Camaro.

Re: Apologies: The Car is a Camaro
unofficial site for OBD codes:

http://www.z28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36071

Site Timeline