Help! Wiindow motor helper spring....'95 Z28

How in the heck do you get this dude back on? Is there a trick to this? I have used a sawzall to enlarge an opening for my hand to get pretty close...but no help.
Thanks in advance for helping a middle aged shadetree bumbler who has used every cuss word in the book to no avail.
Don