How much stink can the clutch take?

I have a 2000 Z28 and for the second time since buying it, I have made the clutch stink. I had the stereo up too loud and when I went for second gear it just
slipped. I think I failed to let off the gas when engaging the clutch. Have I destroyed it? A guy at the track said "put the car into 3rd gear and take off from a stop", and that if it could do that, all was OK.
TIA - Brian
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 02:22:33 GMT, "Brian O"

sometimes surprise you just how much abuse the factory clutch can take.
Chuck