Hurry and look while they last.

Prototype pics of a possible new F-car. The sites that are showing these pictures are being reprimanded for allowing them, or are being asked to remove them.
http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=0&fID=0&tIDe937&bottom
Ron,
I think GM gave up/abandoned trying to recall the. Front page of camaroz28.com, it's right there. "Protected" but right there. The web admin there is close to Scott S. (Fbodfather - don't know who that is? Sell your camaro) and if he didn't have Scott's permission they wouldn't be there.
Personally, I think it looks awsome. Keep in mind IT'S NOT FINISHED, as in Scotts own words and he wished the debut went better and that the pics weren't leaked. I'm glad they were as I was thinking all the BS floated about ANY new camaro was just that. BS.
RSCamaro wrote:

If the new mustang is a blend of 64/67/69, then why not a blend for the Camaro? The roof line is right off the 67/68. the tail from same and rear quarters from the 70's. The only item missing is the trade mark front end. It looks too much like a Lumina or the Holden Manaro (what the GTO is based on). Give it oval grill like the 2002 or 79 and its a winner.
Maybe Pontiac might pick it up as a new Firebird (PLEASE GM?)
To me, the 05 Stang looks ALL 1969...I don't see 64 at all.
GM should be different. And I mean if it ain't going to be in production until 2009 (They may file for bankrupsy or worse, GM may not even be around in 2009 - their bond rating got downgraded AGAIN today to -BB Not jusr if thats junkbons or worse...certainly not investment grade)
It should be new, IMO. Let Chrysler and Ford do the retro thing...the LAST thing GM needs is bad press about following the crowd.
What was interesting also was what is underneath, it was definitely an LSx type engine from the engineering drawings that were posted. And the rear looked like IRS, not a live axle, with the exhaust dual with an X-pipe like the dual exhaust setup Mustang guys have been using for years. No more hump under the passenger seat from my look at it. And for Firebird? Who knows. Whats so scary is will GM pull and Oldsmobile on Pontiac and Buick as Bob Lutz had called them "damaged brands". GM is in a world of hurt if they can't get out from this spiral.
brxsep wrote:

This link is still up with the engineering drawings I mentioned below. You'll need to scroll down in the web page to see the thumbnails, then click on them to get the full image.
http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=0&fID=0&tIDe937&bottom
Jimmy wrote:

puked:

Yeah, we'd hate to see GM start that trend, right?
Right out of the box the El Camino and Camaro/Firebird come to mind as just a quick few Ford ripoffs... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?