Installing a new headliner in a 68 camaro

Need help!!!!! your suggestions on installing a new headliner. I take it that it comes plenty wide so you can trim the sides (am I right)? Do you
trim on the sides where the rod slides thru, then you can smooth out the wrinkles. Or does anyone have any ideas or websites that I could go to.
Thank You
either post it, or you can suggestions to my email address snipped-for-privacy@tds.net
--
Greg S