Interchangeable Parts

To illustrate the reason for my question below, I have learned that the A/C compressor on an 82-86 Capri, 82-93 Mustang, 84-86 LTD, 85 Marquis, 85-88
Cougar and 85-88 Thunderbird are all interchangeable.
Is there a book or manual (either in print, online or on CD-ROM) that lists interchangeable parts?
Joe Colella