Is the camaro coming back?

Is the Camaro coming back? I have seen some talk about a new model with a retro look, but I don't know if its official. I personally would prefer a more sporty sleek look.

Reply to
laz

There've been rumors of it coming back or some other sporty car. Somewhere I read something about the GM (or some other higher ranked person) of Chevy saying that they're going to have something to compete with the new Mustang. I think I heard 2007 or 2008 for it to be coming back.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

I heard the Camaro is coming back in 2007 with a retro/sporty look to pay tribute to the 67' Camaro. Don't know if it's true or not. I seen it on another messageboard.

Long Live the Camaro!

Reply to
98' Camaro

Lord I hope not. If they do maybe they will get that engine from China too. It could only improve the crapmaro

Reply to
zonie

What in the Hell are you talking about Zonie? I wish for once, one of your posts would make some sense- you stupid bastard.

Long Live the Camaro!

Reply to
98' Camaro

I do remember seeing an article somewhere with a concept pic of it.. personally I thought it was ugly.. but when/if it comes back and IF it looks like that who knows...

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops (149k and going... getting worried) 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L w/5-Speed (No T-tops though) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops or parts from one
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

They've done a relatively good first-attempt at it with the Mustang...I see no reason why they'd screw up the Camaro if they went back to the 60's roots, myself...I think that the older cars DID have a lot more style to them than the latest versions, to be honest...although I must admit, the '94's front end in DID seem to be staring you down, which I liked quite a bit...but they totally screwed up the rear view of the Camaro for the 93+ model years.

By the same token, they've made the new Mustang's rear end WAY too high, and the fastback has SEVERE visibility problems that NO Camaro has EVER faced before...so in a lot of ways, the Camaro is still out in front!

Too bad you can't GET one anymore....

Never know...maybe they'll build a new plant in Windsor to save all the Quebecois transportation expenses that were likely a major cause of the plant's shutdown...

Reply to
ElectroPig

If they brought back the 1968 camaro, that would be about the only "new" car, I would consider purchasing.

Looks matter, and that car has looks.

Reply to
Five

How many Camaros have you driven? My 71 has very poor rearward vision. The C-pillars are huge. Looks good though

Reply to
DB

Had a '78, '84, '85, and an '86. The '78 was similar to the '71 in "rear obscurity" as I recall, but it's nothing compared to the view you lose in the new Mustang Fastback...

Reply to
ElectroPig

No, the 78 is not the same as the 71. Look at the rear window of a 71 and you will notice that the rear window does not curve around the side. That was changed later so that people could actually see something. You add louvers to that window, like so many people did back then, and you can see absolutely nothing. I know, I had to take mine off. Believe me I am not knocking the Camaro. I love mine, but we must be realistic as to the strengths and weaknesses of our cars. Sometimes practicality looses out to styling, and most of us are willing to make that trade at least in a performance car. Yes, I am looking to buy a Mustang as soon as the "stupid money" is out of the market and the cars are going for close to invoice. Although I do not know if a Camaro and a Mustang can live in the same garage.

Reply to
DB

Heh, my '92 has the worst rear vision of any car I have been in, that damn high mounted brake light on the inside (what were they thinking, did they not drive that car) blocks your complete rear view of any cars behind you. You can mess around with putting the rear-view at a weird angle but, sheesh, how stupid.

-- Leo

Reply to
Leo Navoichick

Yeah....I totally forgot about that...I stand corrected! Been so long since I've seen an early 70's model...still see the last 60's left right and center, but...you know how people always tend to remember the ones they HAD more than the ones they couldn't get at the time. ;)

Yup! I'm holding my "serious look-see visit" until they get the Targa Coupe out....which I hear MAY be next year, but there's rumours that they'll release the convertible first, and the Coupe a year after...which is fine by me...I can easily hold off for another couple years before seriously considering a new runabout. ;)

Reply to
ElectroPig

Give the "designers" at GM credit for consistency, anyway!

Reply to
ElectroPig

Lol.. I'd have to agree with you.. unless of course it is a '67 Shelby GT500

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L w/T-tops (151k and going... getting worried) 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L w/5-Speed (No T-tops though) Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops or parts from one
Reply to
KITTvsKARR