leaf-spring

Hello,

My '75 camaro, has at its left rear wheel, a leaf spring with one broken blade.

I am considering replacing it, but since I'm in Holland, it's pretty expensive.

Some questions:

-Should I replace both left and right at the same time?

-The springs have a lot of rust, so I prefer new ones over used ones. Or will new spring leaves also be rusted?

thanks,

Bram

Reply to
Bram Stolk

Hi Bram,

If it were me, I'd replace both springs at the same time. After 29 years, they've both started to sag. If you replace only one the car will sit higher on that side than on the other side. It will look funny and you'll end up replacing the second one anyway. Replacing both of them at the same time and save a little on shipping and alot of aggrevation.

I hope this helps.

David

Reply to
David R. McCoy

I should have said,

REPLACE both of them at the same time and . . .

Sorry for the poor proofreading.

Reply to
David R. McCoy

The new ones may or may not rust. It depends on the coating the manufacturer used. I have Triangle springs that were made in Canada, I put them on about 5 - 6 years ago, the car has been sitting pretty much that whole time, with the majority of it in a field semi parted out. What ever that thick wax type coating they used did it's job. No rust, and I can still read the sticker with the part number and what not on it.

Reply to
Stephen