Muncie Question

I have an M-22 in my 67 Camaro. Suddenly (after jumping on it pretty hard) I have a wicked vibration and no longer can shift into 1st gear. I pulled
the tranny and it looks great inside. I'm thinking clutch. Any ideas? I haven't pulled the bellhousing yet cause I can't get to the top 2 bolts without a universal socket. I'm doing this in my driveway. Any help is appreciated.
--
Jeff

Seems unlikely a problem with the clutch would only manifest itself in first gear.
With the tranny laying on the ground try shifting into first using the shifter. Then try to take the side cover off without moving the shift levers. Check to see if you can push the slider farther into first than the shifter did.
Hold the tailshaft and try to turn the input shaft. You may have stripped the teeth off the synchronizer hub, or possibly the splines inside the slider. A relatively simple repair, and not to expensive, although you will need to take it completely apart.
Also, are you sure it's a M22? M22's are actually pretty rare. M21's were the standard close ratio used in most HiPo cars, and M20's were the wide ratio. I believe M22's only came in cars with over 400 hp. - Gary

hard)
It's definitely an M-22. I made sure of that before I bought it. Nothing on my car is original. I've been building it for about 6 years now on and off. I figured with the plans I have for the 396 that's in it I'd better put a good driveline behind it. I'll try your idea. I hope I figure it out soon I want to drive it BAAAAAD! Up until about 6 mos ago it was a garage queen. I just got it registered and took it out,..... then I broke it. Now it's back in the garage. :(

hard)