Need help with a 91 RS.

HELP!!!!!!!!! My car has decided it doesn't want to run. It starts then dies immediately. Any ideas? We changed the sparks plugs, they were covered in a
black ash, Except for one. If you hold the key in just the right spot it will run but shakes and dies. Any help is appreciated.
Have u changed ur distributor cap and rotor button?
The Anonymous Alcoholic! Drink 24:7 Copyright 2003 Drinkenstein

dies immediately. Any ideas? We changed the sparks plugs, they were covered in a black ash, Except for one. If you hold the key in just the right spot it will run but shakes and dies. Any help is appreciated.

Yes, it didn't help. We flashed the codes and trouble shot those but it didn't help. It is getting quite frustrating though. Any other ideas?
The only other things that I could think of if u haven't check or replaced them already would be the carburetor/fuel injector(s), blockage in the fuel line(s), bad fuel pump or a vaccum leak. If one of those don't fix it then I don't know what it could be....