need to know

Hi group! my brother says he has a chance to buy an 84 iroc for real cheep.I tryed to check the ser # to see if it really is an 84 iroc, but it comes back as
a bad # for camaro. Anyone on here know how to tell what it is? He seems to think it's worth big$$ but needs to know if it is or not.Any help? ser.# he gave me is : igiap87h6LL227864

messed up on ser#, is the # 1g1ap87h6el227864 shows up as a camaro,base or z28. DID they make an I ROC in 84???? susposed to be some kind of limited production car or prototype he said.... any info on this? Thanks

It would have had to have been put in a nitrogen bubble right out of the factory and sent to the future for it to be worth crazy amounts of money at this moment in time. The page referenced below said that the IROC was introduced in 1984 but according to my Camaro Books the IROC the intitial model year was 1985 (RPO B4Z). It sounds as though whoever is trying to sell the car is trying to put one over on your brother. Only base, Berlinetta, and Z-28s were sold for the 84 model year.
IROC-Z HISTORY http://www.thirdgenusa.com/THIRD%20GENERATION%20USA%20CAMARO%20INFO%20PAGE.htm

Hey Ron, thanks for the reply! I kind of think the guy is trying to rip him off too,but would like to be able to document it one way or the other to be sure. The page did say the IROC was introduced in 84,would't that mean that there was some made that year? He called the local chevy dealer,no help there! btw,he is not on line, so can't just send him web pages to look at! Ric
help please wrote:

came out in 84 (would be summer 84 at the latest) would be an 85 (confusing I know, but remember, chevy is already selling 2006 models).
--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer