new engine overhaul,car won't crank

I have a 1992 camaro rs.It used to be a 3.1 v6 manual. I put a 383 engine,converted it to a v8,automatic. I just put a new battery,and it won't crank one bit! The starter and alternator are both new and it was
converted from fuel injection to a new carburetor as well. I put the key in the ignition and absolutely nothing happens. When I try and jump it, the fan will come on and thats it. I need help please!!

So, did you get the wires mixed up on the starter? Do you have a 12 vdc signal to the soleniod on the starter? That's where you start. Fuses first. Try a remote starter, they can be found in Parts America, Auto Zone, I would suppose.
Much of the engine start function is controlled by the computer, including security. My guess it's a computer problem.
lhchamp wrote:

92 had the pass key system. Did you change the computer???? You may have to get a corresponding resistance key.