New GTO and El Caminos

Buyers beware. I had been informed by my mechanic that these al. engine blocks dont last much longer than 50k when ran hard. Lots of warping going on. Just a tip!

snipped-for-privacy@copper.net says...

Funny, I have 72K on an LS1 ( and it has been rode hard an put up wet many times, drag strip, road course, and according to my co-workers the daily commute to the salt mines) and have read post buy other Camaro owners with near 200K without a rebuild.
Would you be referring to the same LS1 engine thats been in Camaros since 1998 and Corvettes since 1996? I think they have more than proven themselves. Since working on hundreds Camaros and Vettes since '98 and '96 respectively, I have yet to see a "warped block." The LS1 in GTOs are the same design as the F and Y bodies. I've been involved with and have build an 11 firebird with over 70k miles and have had no trouble with the stock block even under Nitrous. Just goes to show you, don't believe everything you hear. Might be time to get a new mechanic.
--
Jason E.
ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced engine performance

Time to find a new mechanic. I have a rock in the front yard that knows more than he does.
Dennis Smith
puked:

Where can I get a new El Camino? Especially one with an LS1. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
snipped-for-privacy@cheese.net says...

Rumor has it that much like the Holden Monaro being imported as the new GTO the Holden Ute will be imported as the new El Camino.
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/vehicleentry ? vehicleid
puked:

That rumor has been out there for a while. I hope it comes true. Until then, I have my trusty '66... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
This is pure Chrysler propaganda......