Opinion of Chevy block ?

the block in question id. # 14016379 350 ci made from 77-79 in 2 or 4 bolt variation's .. I find it strange that it was only made for 2 year's .. the one in my Camaro has a pass/right side dipstick , a change that
I thought only took place in the 80 up block's ... there is no vin stamping on the front pad either , though it could have bin removed in it's last rebuild .. any info would be of great help .. TIA