Opinion on historic tags

I've recently purchased a '67 RS and am looking into the process of getting a title/registration for it in Maryland. Does anyone have any opinions on historic versus standard license plate tags? This car will
obviously not be a daily driver, so it seems like a no brainer to go with historic tags, but are there any disadvantages that I'm missing?
Thanks, John.