Opinions-Pro/Con on Vinyl top on 1st Gen. Camaro

I'm getting close to finalizing a decision on what route to go on the exterior of a '69 Pro Street Camaro. It currently (and for a long time) has the vinyl top removed, and a solid paint color on the roof.
I've always liked the looks of the black vinyl top on these cars.
Does anyone have any opinions on re-installing a vinyl top on this car? Any comments, pro or con, and/or experiences in doing this would be appreciated.
thanks much....
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:44:22 -0600, Wrinklez

Make sure everything is fairly warm when and if you decide to replace the top. I've seen the results of not stretching the vinyl correctly. Do plenty of research before you start. I like the vinyl tops on only certain colors myself. White/black and Bronze/black are my favs.