options for 3.4L 93 Camaro?

Can anyone comment on any significant performance enhancements you can do to the puney 3.4 liter Chevy put in the 93-95/6? Camaros?
I've got one, and while I figure I'll probably aim to swap it for an eight,
I'm still wondering if there are any known turbo kits that fit this engine and work well- plus other wacky things like nitro kits, ECM chip mods, headers, intercoolers, so on...
I guess I'm wondering if a departure from the 'more cubes the better' philosophy really can pay off in high performance.