OT Post

Hello group:

Besides Ebay, are there any good sites to find classic cars? I've done a google search, but unfortunately didn't find anything worth much. Thanks in advance for any info.

terrance

Reply to
terry

We got our '55 from Dick's Classic Cars

happy with the dealer, and our car.He also has a lot of links

terry wrote:

Reply to
Bruce Porter

Terrance, tell me what kind of car you're looking for and I might be able to find a web site. A few good general sites are:

If you are looking for camaros, there's no better site than:

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

Hello Terry....cool name!! I am interested in a 67-69 Camaro, or a 68-72 Nova. I'll certainly check the links out that you and Bruce recommended. Thanks to both of you.

terrance

Reply to
terrance

Why thanks, you have a cool name too! I've been a lifetime fan of the first gen camaro, I can tell you that

is not only by far the best buy/sell/trade source online, but has some of the best camaro experts who'll give their support and advice, all for free. When I was looking at a particular camaro to buy, I posted pics of the car, and got all kinds of advice. Saved me time and $$. Good luck w/ the search, maybe I'll see you on

Terry M.

PS For Novas there is this site:

I haven't looked at it much though, looks like a new site...I like Novas too but I can only afford one classic car at a time!

Reply to
Terry

Hello Terry:

Thanks again the the links. I am leaning towards the nova at the moment. I live in Virginia, and drove down to Charlotte NC on Thursday to look at a

1970. The motor was nice, but the rest of the car was not, so I ended up not buying it. 11 hours driving back and forth was a very long day! I know about
but is there any other places that would also be good for parts? It's been quite a while since I've had the opportunity to get back into cars, so have no idea where to look. Thanks again for all your help.

terrance

Reply to
terrance

Plenty of places to buy parts for a Nova. Classic Industries, Year One, I think The Paddock. Plus many Nova parts are interchangable with 67'-69' Camaros. You can't leave E-bay out of the loop either.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

"> Plenty of places to buy parts for a Nova. Classic Industries, Year

Hello Ron:

Thanks very much for the info. I had no idea the nova and camaro had interchangable parts. As much as I have visited E-bay to look at vehicles, it didn't cross my mind to check there for parts too. Thanks again.

terrance

Reply to
terrance

No problem. If you want more information on parts interchangability you can look into "Chevrolet by the Numbers" by Alan L. Colvin. A series of books with quite a bit of information that can help you figure out what parts can be used from car to car. A few books in the series based on years of manufacture.

G.M. was good like that.

Other cars that have parts that you can use for a Nova would be the other three cars on the Nova chassis, the Omega, the Ventura, and the Apollo. Some parts from A-bodies also work.

N ova O mega V entura A pollo

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to
RSCamaro

Terrance, what a coincidence, I recently bought a restored '68 Camaro, the seller lives in eastern Virginia (Christiansburg). I bought the car several weeks ago, but I've been unable to find someone to transport it to me (I live in Wisconsin). The seller has become impatient, understandably. Do you by chance know of a company or even an individual who has a car trailor who might be willing to make the driver to WI to deliver a car?

Thanks Terry

Reply to
Terry

Hey Terry:

While I've been searching for my own car, I was also searching for companies that might transport it. The only company I saw was DAS on a link from E-bay, but have no idea how expensive they might be. I did just find out that one of my former co-workers (retired now), has a car trailer. I will see him in a few days at a Christmas party and I will certainly ask him. I might even try and call him tomorrow. Either way, I'll let you know. Christiansberg is north of me.....I'm on the coast near Va. Beach. Take care and I'll get back to you asap.

terrance

Reply to
terrance

Terrance, thanks for checking into that. I've been through two national shippers, neither have been able to find a driver. There is a local guy near Christiansbug (son-in-law of the seller) who is willing to trailer it to me in an enclosed trailer, he wants $1650 to deliver it, seems kind of expensive to me....

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

Have you done a search on "auto transport" ? There are quite a number of transportation companies out there. Maybe you could try the Hemmings motor news advertisement areas. Or pick up a copy of Hemmings Motor News at your local Barnes and Noble or Borders book store in the magazine secion. As for the cost, if the transporter is using a rig to haul the car around, figure on the truck only getting 4 to 6 mpg, and with the driver, tolls, road taxes, maintainance, tires, insurance(both vehicle and shipping), plus who knows what it costs to run a business. It may seem expensive but I think that sounded like a fair price for a door to door delivery. After all there is only so much room on an open trailer or an enclosed trailer.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to
RSCamaro

Ron, yes I agree the price is probably competitive for enclosed trailer. The shipping company I'm dealing with right now quoted me $700 for open trailer, but I have to wait until there are other cars that they can bring on a similar route, so this has really dragged out. I have to solve the situation soon, the seller wants the car out of his garage next week--

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

Terry:

I agree with Ron. Although that figure might sound a little high, that seems pretty good to me considering its in an enclosed trailer. You said the car was restored so I would think you might want it enclosed, especially going through all the snow that I'm sure the driver would find getting the car to your house. Like I said, I'll check with my friend tomorrow and get back to you.

terrance

Reply to
terrance

I arranged to have the seller's son-in-law transport the Camaro, so at least I have the car out of the seller's garage. Sure hope the snow doesn't slow him down heading north to northern Wisconsin....

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Terry:

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet, but I can't get in touch with my friend. A guy at work today told me he would e-mail me his addy tonight, but that won't do you any good now. Hopefully this guy doing it will do it safely and give you a good price also. I am going to Ohio next month to look at a 72 Nova....put a refundable deposit down.....and the quotes I've gotten so far are $750.00-$1225.00. Hopefully I can get in touch with my former co-worker and can arrange it through him. Take care.

terrance

Reply to
terrance

Sounds good, I hope that Nova works out...keep us 'posted' if you end up buying it, it's good to hear what people are doing w/ their new projects. Up north here in Wisconsin winter is long, so you've got to have a project in the garage!

Terry

Reply to
Terry

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:47:45 -0600, "Terry" puked:

Speaking of Novas, did anyone catch that episode of Overhaulin' recently where they destroyed that dude's '70?

When he walked in and saw it, I thought he was gonna hit someone...

lab~rat

I didn't catch it, but would like to. I know they show re-runs all the time, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Terry.....the guy that I am buying the nova from said if I didn't like it when I see it, he would give me my deposit back. I'm flying out to Detroit in January to go to the car show. While there, I'm gonna drive down to Ohio and check out the car. It's a closer drive from Detroit than from Virginia. I found this shipping company called

They look pretty good. They quoted me $775. They only ship enclosed too. I'll keep ya posted on my decision regarding the car. I'm certainly looking forward to it. I heard Wisconsin was getting hammered with snow! Have fun in the garage!! Talk to ya soon.

terrance

Reply to
terrance