Out of gas cause problem to fuel injectors?

I have a 93 Camaro and I took the car to the dealer for a problem and while they were checking the car out for most of the day it ran out of gas. My question is in a fuel injection system does that cause any problems and does
getting gas from the bottom of the tank cause the injectors to get clogged up. This is the first time the car has run out of gas.
laz wrote:

It *always* gets fuel from the bottom of the tank...that's where the pump is! Running it out of gas should not cause any problems...unless they cranked it for an hour before looking at the gas gage.
--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!
laz Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

It shouldn't cause problems with the injectors.
However, running out of gas will cause problems with the fuel pump. Modern fuel pumps use gas as a lubricant. You run out of gas, you run the risk of seizing up the fuel pump.
Also, like the other fellow said, the intake for the fuel system is near the bottom of the tank, therefore it is always drawing from the bottom...
HTH
NOI
Thund3rstruck wrote:

But a greater risk to the pump seems to be not changing the fuel filter regularly. A clogged filter increases the deadhead pressure the pump has to overcome, which overloads the pump motor, and burns out the pump.
--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!
J Forbes Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed

Yup...
But, the OP made it appear that he ran out of gas... <G>
NOI