P1676 Driver 4 Line 6 Error - HELP!!! What does this mean?

Camaro starts and idles smooth, does not accelerate well, can only get it up to about 35mph - no power! When we plug in a code reader we get error P1676 which we know is a manufacturer specific code related to
the powertrain. I've found information online that suggests it is related to the "EVAP Vent Solenoid Control Circuit" and Autozone THINKS it is related to "Auxillary Emissions" but that is as much information as we can find and obviously it is shakey at best.
The most specific info I can find labels it as (specifically) "Driver 4 Line 6" but I have no idea what this means.
All I want to know is what this message actually means and more importantly what I need to do/fix/replace to get my car running.
Can anyone out there help me please!?
That code means: EVAP canister purge solenoid control circuit.
Means that likely either the evap canister, it's control circuitry (wiring, solenoids, etc.) or a sensor which "looks" at that stuff. That should get you started.
On 4 Jul 2006 08:10:13 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"