popping

Hi Group I have a 96 Camaro convertible with a 3.8 liter V6. The car pops on acceleration. At first it only did it on hard acceleration, but the problem
has gotten progressively worse and now you can hardly accelerate at all with out it doing it. It's not quite a back fire, more like a rapid popping. Plugs looked good, no obvious vacuum leaks, any help would be appreciated
Maybe your piston's are bouncing off of the cylinder walls and you need new piston rings or get it ported and polished and such if that's the case....
Andrew Rowe wrote:

Sounds like valve train or ignition problems. Do a compression test and see what you get.
Change your plugs and plug wires. Just went through the exact same thing on a friend of my sons car. We changed both and it runs like a champ.

problem
with