Problem with power windows

I have a 1998 V6 and the driver side window has gotten so slow that it will stop and I have to let it rest for awhile then hit it again to get it to move a few more inches up or down..... Any ideas as to what part I may need
to change? Motor, switch or something else? How much am I looking at if Chevy does this or if I do it myself would I be regretting getting in there? Thanks in advance. Frank
Your motor is bad. A very common problem. It will cost less than $100 to do it yourself. It's kind of a pain in the ass. The trick is to wedge in a pair of rubber door stops where the glass goes into the top of the door. this will hold the window locked into position while you remove the regulator and install the new motor. I would guess about two hours labor for Chevrolet to do it for you. - Gary

Step by step picks that I've used on two installs. Took me approx 1 hour the first time, 45 minutes the second time. I bought both motors for under $50...PepBoys I do believe:
http://csce.uark.edu/~jgbertr/rb/alt_web_page/windowmotor.html
If you are even slightly mechanically inclined, I'd recommend saving your $$ and DIY. Call Chevy and ask how much...I bet it's at least $150. I didn't need to use the rubber door stops on either car. I used a metal bar wrapped in a towel. There's a reinforcement bar in the door that you can rest the bar on, and it will hold the window up if it decides to drop while the motor is out. My windows, however, never moved while the motor was out.
Travis