R.A.P. Module?

Can someone explain how to get the RAP module in my 96 camaro? Its gone loco and needs to be changed or checked asap cuz its causin my radio and stuff to mess up.

Reply to
fusion_ball

In a 94 (should be the same ) It is located just above the tranny hump on the firewall. There are two boxes located there , one is mounted horizontal ( wires coming out of the side ) and above that one is a vertical one ( wires from above) One is RAP the other is Express down,I can't remember which is which. At least it's a start..........Stan

Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD

Any chance of an explanation of what these are or are for ?. I've not heard of the terms and they don't seem to appear in my _comprehensive_ Chiltern manual AFAICS.

Thanks

Reply to
Terminal Crazy

RAP = Retained Accessory Power......after key is off/removed....you can operate the windows,radio,ect/ect until the door is opened....then all power is shut down.

Express down = Drivers side window goes all the way down with one push of the button.

These items are described in the owners manual , but not in a Chiltons or Haynes manual at all.

Stan

Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD

Cheers, I knew the terms but never heard them described as such IYSWIM :->

Reply to
Terminal Crazy