Ralley wheels on first generation?

I was wondering if anyone has put 15x8 ralley wheels on a first gen camaro.Will the tires still have enough clearance or will I have to go to 15x7's.Thanks Bruce

I have 15X8's on my '68 -
http://jimhim.ugate.net:1024/camaro.htm
Just make sure you use the correct backset and tire size. I don't remember if I used a 4" or a 4 1/2" backset. My tire size is 235-60 all around.
--
Jim H

I have 15x8's with 4-1/4" backspace on my 68 camaro. The 255/60/15 tires fit nicely inside the wheelwells. I bought theses wheels for $43 each at vision wheels in Alabama. And they are powder coated, not painted !

With the 15" wheels on the front you'll have to stay with the std. backspace of 3-1/2". The outer tie rod ends will touch the wheel with anything more. On the rear you can usually easily fit 4-1/2" B.S. and if you measure the wheel well yourself for obstructions you may be able to fit 5" B.S. Of course this is for the 67/68 models. I believe you can fit even more wheel inside the rear of 69' cars.
...Ron -- 68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird
http://www.frontiernet.net/~rscamero
Some are wise and some are otherwise