Re: 95 Camaro pass key II won't start

I called a dealer and they told it would cost $280 dollars to replace the cylinder and program a new key. But it would be wise to run a diagnostic test to make sure it wasn't the computer inside the dash. If it was the
computer they would have to take off the dash and reprogram the computer. With labor this would run over $1000 dollars. If anybody has any other info please advise me. It is not worth it for me to spend over $1000 dollars in a car that is worth maybe $2000 dollars.
the lock cylinder w/"key" is available from AC Delco