Re: Apology - STFU!!!

wrote:

Unfortunately the good old days of usenet are gone. It seems that now there is only one sure thing about usenet. If you want some one TO do something, simply tell them NOT to.
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:21:35 -0500, Fred W

Funny, you mention to him that he cross posted to 5 newsgroups but you failed to mention you did the same thing. :) Either way, this entire argument is pretty silly but it does make a few good points. The top posters do tend to drop a single line on top of many many lines of quoted text and often it's a stupid comment that has nothing to do with the topic. I prefer to trim the quoted text to the portions I wish to reply to and post my response directly after the quoted portion. I would refer to this as mixed posting but I'm sure there's someone out there that would banish it from the planet if they could.
I think we are all in agreement that excessive quoting is a waste. Top or bottom posting however, has nothing to do with the amount of quoted.
Unfortunately what is obvious that we are not all in agreement on is a live and let live attitude. I don't like bottom posting, but I don't start a campaign of complaints over it. I say live and let live. It's when guys like E.P. start their tirade about top posting that it just ruins the whole point of this anyway.