Re: Cheap plugs?

Tell him that you want to see the plugs. Sounds fishy to me. Bosch are not cheap and they are typically pretty good. I'd want to see the plugs. Check the post for wear or damage. Check for oily or greasy residue. Check the "L" (spark receiver) for damage and make sure a piston isn't smacking it. If the mech. says they are fried, I wanna' see 'em being pulled in that condition. Just me.

I'm impressed with rapid fires and ACDelco parts in general. (Do not purchase split fires. You only need one good spark, not two+ weak ones.)

For the cost of plugs, I'd purchase them just to preserve the warranty. Stripping down to the head is a P.I.T.A.!

GLK9MM

Don't know, but the white powdery stuff says "lean condition" to me. Or could be heat range of the plugs are too hot.

Reply to
el lobo

Reply to
Ida Wanna

Update: El Lobo, you win the chocolate chip cookie. Two cylinders were running VERY lean as the fuel injectors on these 2 cyl were not firing at all. Two fuel injectors which, by the way, are NOT covered by the warranty. Tell me again, why did I pay $1300 for that warranty? Thx, all.

Reply to
Ida Wanna

That sux them not being covered by warranty. I thought they covered stuff that are not consumable. You would think injectors would be covered. Does your policy specifically state the injectors are not covered?? I kinda figured no gas to the cylinders, but ya never about these cars today..... Now where is that glass of milk for them cookies ;)

Reply to
el lobo

Reply to
Fred Newton

Well, let's see:

1982 Z-28 (bought new) 1994 Lincoln Mark Vlll 1999 Honda Accord 2000 Jetta 1.8 turbo and yep, insurance poor........

el lobo

Reply to
el lobo

Slightly off topic, but I hve a 96 Z28, 96k miles. Bout time to change the plugs. Except that I can't even see the %$#@ things! Any hints on how to get in to change them? Every thing else seems to be fine (neighbor owns shop and plugged into computer for quick diagnostic). Mark

Reply to
MLclan

There is actually a very special shaped socket adapter that the techs use to do this job. If yo dont use it, add about an hour and a half to the time needed to get to them.

Reply to
Led Sleddin'

I love PITA's Wendys used to sell them but I havent seen em lately Hmmm.

where is this PITA with a warranty??

Reply to
Jamie