Re: Gas prices aren't dropping

Barry Posner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu:

Explain why the EPA has pulled back on their recommendation of MTBE and has sued the fuel companies for MTBE contamination of groundwater? The EPA ought to be sued for mandating MTBE use in the first place!

Reply to
GAlan

How often do gas prices drop? Not as much as they rise. Everyone needs gas in their vehicles so, why not provide a need AND milk the consumer at the same time? About the states with the "full service" law, that makes no sense to me- what would a state care what I pumped into my car- and I don't know about anyone else, but, I'm very protective of my car- including: what I buy for it, what gets done to it (no one likes a crappy mechanic,) and especially what goes into it (be it oil, gas, or anything else.) I think it'd be time to vote those people out of office who endorse that law, and vote people in who will get it off the books. Luckily, I don't live in a state that feels I need a "babysitter" at the gas station.

Reply to
98' Camaro

Most state mandated full service stations cost less than self serve. Why? Liability.

GLK9MM

I know that some BC cities have that to create jobs...

Reply to
Derek Clarke