Re: Help Please:Replaceing outer door handle

On 27 Aug 2003 06:32:17 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Marty) wrote:

Directions taken from the Camaro Restoration handbook.
1. Remove the 4 upper channel retaining bolts. 2. Loosen the lower window channel retaining bolt and push the channel to the front of the car. 3. Remove the 2 lift bar (door handle) retaining nuts. 4. disengage the pushrod from the lift bar by twisting it slightly and pullingit out. 5.Reverse order to install replacement.
If you're planning to keep your car for any length of time then it is always good to have some reference material in your possesion. You could have already have done the job by the time it took to get a reply to your answer.
...Ron -- 68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird
Some are wise and some are otherwise
I just got this car. Haven't had time to get the reference material you speak of. The closest retail outlet for this stuff is a bit of a drive. I don't order things via mail/internet/credit card unless I ABSOLUTELY have to. But I agree with your comment. I will need reference material and plan to get it. I appreciate your taking the time to type this answer for me. Marty